Andy is born and raised in Roswell, GA and has been a part of Windward swimming since he was just 5 years old1 At 14, Andy joined the Windward Club as a swim coach, lifeguard and even worked the concessions’ He is a certified pool operator and is truly dedicated to the Windward Lake Club!
Career Highlights as a High Performance Coach with over 26 years of experience
- Successful High Performance Junior Coach with over 25 National & Sectional Champions & Finalists
- Have Coached players at every level:
- ATP (2 in Top 100), WTA (2 in Top 100);
- ITF (Top 5); Coached all 4 Junior Slams;
- NCAA -TEAM: Top 2 in D-3, Top 50 in D-1
- NCAA -Indiv: 20+ ranked in top 75; including 2 NCAA finalists, 4 NCAA Champs
- USTA (several #1’s boys & girls, all ages);
- Coached the 1st African American boy to win the National Championship in the ~70 year history of the USTA
- Coached 7 different players @ US Open, during a 7 year spa
- Recognized Tennis Strength & Conditioning coach with over 15 yrs experience
- Co- Owned & Directed TH Junior Academy for over 7 years
- Successful Director / Manager of 4 Different Companies overseeing multiple players, sites, Adult & Junior Programming,
- 3 Sport Athlete in High School; 2 Sport Athlete in College
- Majored in Psychology – Attended Morehouse College & Georgia State University 1993-1997
Happily Married for 20 years with 2 kids, Xavier (college) & Anya (high school)
- Passionate Foodie
- Multiple Genre Music Lover
Mission Statement: ” To Produce an Ideal Environment for Tennis Families that Connects the Community, Establishes Cutting Edge Programs, Develops Character & Facilitates the Training of World Class Players”
Coached and traveled with 14 and under Orange Bowl winner, John Richmond, 2008
Part time coach of former ATP ranked #39, Horacio Zeballos
Coach Lourdes Carle former ITF ranked #9. US Open Junior semifinalist 2017
Designated USTA coach for South Carolina 14 and under, Southern Championship, 2012
Designated USTA coach for South Carolina 18 and under, Southern Championship, 2013
Awards and Achievements
National Runner Up NJCAA, Georgia Perimeter College 2004
National Doubles Champion NJCAA, Georgia Perimeter College 2003
All American NJCAA, Georgia Perimeter College 2003
Professional Tennis Player, 1997- 2002
Originally from Halle/Saale Germany
- won multiple national tournaments while growing up
- part of the German Junior Davis Cup until age of 18
- U18 German National Champion in Doubles
- At age 19 highest ATP ranking of 1106 in singles and 998 in doubles
- Started college career in 2013 at The Ohio State University
- 4x Big Ten Conference Champion
- 3x Big Ten Tournament Champion
- 2x All Big Ten Team
- 3x Academic All Big Ten
- 2013 NCAA Team Semi Finalist
- 2014 ITA National Indoor Champion
- 2015 All American
- 2015 Academic All American
- 3x Scholar Athlete
- Coached Danny Thomas (Junior ITF 19) from 2016 until 2017
- Made semi finals of orange bowl 2016
- Won multiple G1 doubles titles in 2016 and 2017
- Played finals of Junior French Open doubles.
- Also worked with: Blaz Rola (ATP high: 78)
Connor Smith (ATP high: 200)
Chase Buchanan (ATP high: 158)
Peter Kobelt (ATP high: 332)
JJ Wolf (ATP high: 654)
- In Georgia since August 2018
- Married to EmilyAnn
- Two pets 1 dog 1 cat
- I enjoy playing Golf and eating good food
- Not impressed with American beer
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Kinesiology and Physical Education.
- MTPS-Master Tennis Performance Specialist – International Tennis Performance Association.
- CSCS-National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- USAW- USA Weightlifting Certified Performance Coach –
- FMS-Functional Movement Coach
- Certified through the International Tennis Performance Association, Ted is one of a 100 in the world.
- Certified coach through the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- Designing and implementing off court development training programs for over 125 NCAA D1 athletes.
- Featured in Late Rounders: The Long Hard Road to the NFL, Self, Eastbay, Stack, and Muscle & Fitness.
- Consultant and off-court development coach for Georgia Tech Men’s Tennis.
- Training and curriculum consultant in developmental programming and camps for Olympic athletes of China.
- Design consultant for youth sports camps in association with over 15 different NBA and NFL player.
- Former director of training programs for NBA and NFL combine players.
- Featured Speaker for ITPA World Tennis Fitness Conference, AIA International Coaches Seminar, Rohan Bopanna Tennis , Academy Bangalore India and Beijing Sports University, China.
As a Master Tennis Performance Specialist Ted believes in the optimization of every professional athlete.. As a, Ted brings a unique philosophy of training which includes functional movement and weightlifting performance measures. After, Ted targets unique fitness programs for each player, from collegiate to ATP/WTA levels.